Personal Information Protection Policy
Created: July 1, 2019
NTT Urban Solutions, Inc.
President and Chief Executive Officer, Hiroshi Nakagawa
NTT Urban Solutions, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") shall implement company-wide initiatives, including compliance with laws and regulations for the protection of personal information, based on the following policies.
Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company shall acquire personal information under the following terms and conditions.
- Acquire personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- Use a legitimate and fair means.
- Clearly articulate the purpose of use.
Use of Personal Information
When the Company uses the personal information of customers that it has acquired, the Company shall use it within the scope of the purpose of use.
When the Company entrusts the handling of personal information to achieve the purpose of use, the Company shall select a contractor from third parties including NTT Urban Solutions, Inc. and NTT Group companies that have met appropriate standards and take appropriate measures for the contractor.
In the following cases, however, the Company may disclose and provide the personal data of customers without their consent.
- (1)Cases based on laws and regulations,
- (2)Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain a customer's consent,
- (3)Cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote the development of healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain a customer's consent, and
- (4)Cases in which there is a need to cooperate with regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining a customer's consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs
Appropriate Management of Personal Information
The Company shall make efforts to assure the accuracy of personal information of customers and take measures to prevent and correct the unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of the personal information by implementing appropriate safety measures including security measures to ensure safety.
The Company shall comply with laws, regulations and other guidelines on the protection of personal information.
The Company shall maintain an appropriate system (management system) for the protection of personal information by continuously reviewing and improving the management scheme through internal audits.
* Reference “NTT Group Information Security Policy”http://www.ntt.co.jp/g-policy/e/index.html
Personal information of customers held by the Company
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Data Held
The Company will use the personal information of customers for the following purposes.
- (1) Covered businesses
Businesses related to office buildings and residential, commercial and other properties involved in the urban solutions business
- (2)Purpose of use
The following purposes for the businesses indicated in (1) above
- Marketing activities including solicitation by sending direct mail and brochures, visits, phone calls and e-mail.
- Performance of contracts on real estate transactions and provision of information and servicesめ
- Various operations including guidance on services and products related to after-sale services
- Questionnaires on customer satisfaction, etc.
- Analysis of customer trends and research and analysis of product development as statistical information
- Use for response at the time of accidents and disasters (including emergency contacts) and safety management
2. Contact for inquiries on personal information
Please make contact with the following person for questions and opinions on the personal information of customers
- Person in charge of systems in the General Affairs and Personnel DepartmentAddress: Akihabara UDX, Sotokanda 4-14-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0021, Japan
Phone: +81 (3) 6381-1031
3. Request for disclosure of personal information, etc.
If a customer makes a request for the disclosure of his or her own personal data held by the Company, the Company will meet the request without delay.
In addition, if there is an error in the personal data provided by a customer and if the customer makes a request for the correction or deletion of his or her own personal data held by the Company, the Company will investigate it and, if it is determined that there is a reason for requiring the correction or deletion, will correct or delete it without delay.
In either case, please contact us at the address above.
In response to an inquiry from a customer on his or her own personal data held, we will ask the customer to follow the procedures for requests set by the Company after we complete the Company's procedures for identification.
Please note that as we may also ask for the payment of a fee, your cooperation would be appreciated.